Ask the Experts
Malnutrition is inadequate nutrition. It is a condition in which the body doesn’t get enough nutrients. It is caused by poor diet, malabsorption, and metabolic disorders. It increases the risk of infection and weakens immunity. Children are more at risk of developing complications than adults.
Symptoms of MALNUTRITION
- Pallor (pale skin)
- Trouble breathing
- Unusual food cravings
- Hair loss
- Periods of lightheadedness
- Heart palpitations
- Feeling faint or fainting
- Tingling and numbness of the joints
- Menstrual issues (such as missed periods or very heavy cycles)
- Poor concentration
Deficiency of micronutrients such as minerals and vitamins (avitaminosis) can lead to deficiency disorders.
Some of the common nutrient deficiencies and the disorders they lead to are:
- Iron deficiency leading to iron deficiency anemia.
- Vitamin A (VAD) also called hypovitaminosis, deficiency leading to night blindness.
- Vitamin B-1 or Thiamine deficiency can lead to nerve and muscle damage and in extreme cases can lead to heart failure.
- Vitamin B-3 or Niacin deficiency leads to pellagra.
- Vitamin B-9 or Folate deficiency can lead to vitamin deficiency anemia.
- Vitamin D deficiency can lead to stunted bones and to osteoporosis.
- Calcium deficiency can lead to osteoporosis, convulsions, and abnormal heart rhythms.
Why one can go for Homeopathy Treatment?
Untreated malnutrition leads to physical and mental disability. Treatment includes addressing the underlying causes and replacing the missing nutrients. Homeopathy goes to the root of the underlying cause thus curing the disease and removing the symptoms. Calc Phos is a useful remedy in homeopathy when the issue is of growth or nutrition. As with any homeopathic remedy, it needs to be taken under the supervision of a certified practitioner.
If Ignored Where the disease may lead the patient to?
Malabsorption of nutrients resulting from celiac disease can cause weight loss, diarrhea, weakness, and fatigue, grayish stools with a foul odor, stunted growth in children, and osteoporosis in the elderly Malnutrition, if left untreated, can lead to a physical or mental disability, or even lead to death.
Locate Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life Clinics / Doctors for MALNUTRITION Treatment.
Click here to Book an Appointment today