Ask the Experts
- Mon-Sun 08:00 AM- 09:00 PM
Homeopathic treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an inflammatory disease known by arthritis of multiple joints (polyarthritis). The peripheral joints get affected in RA. The other characteristic of RA is the symmetrical involvement of polyarthritis. Due to the chronicity of Rheumatoid arthritis, polyarthritis mostly ends in joint damage and physical disability.
Rheumatoid arthritis is not just a disease of joints. It is a systemic disease with a variety of extra-articular symptoms such as fatigue and weakness, subcutaneous nodules, the involvement of lungs, heart disease-causing pericarditis, neuropathy of the peripheral nerves, vasculitis, etc.
Therefore, Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune, systemic, chronic inflammatory disease having its manifestations of articular origin such as polyarthritis and extra-articular manifestations with the involvement of skin, lungs, heart, blood, and nerves.
The treatment strategy for Rheumatoid arthritis requires patients to approach doctors in the early stages of the disease for prompt diagnosis and initiation of treatment which gives scope in achieving the best results.
- Incidence: Rheumatoid arthritis is commonly seen between the ages group of 25 to 55 years. The incidence increases from 25 to 55 and decreases thereafter. For reasons unknown, RA is common in women than men.
- Signs and Symptoms: Rheumatoid arthritis patients present with characteristic symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis being a systemic disease, there are two sets of presentation, Articular manifestations, and Extra-articular manifestations
- Articular manifestations: Pain in joints, tendons, and bursae Stiffness of joints in the early morning hours which is better by physical activity or walk.Symmetrical involvement of the joints Initially,arthritis begins in single joint (monoarticular) to 4 or 5 joints (oligoarticular) but later multiple joints polyarticular) get affected.Serum Rheumatoid factor (RF) is Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life on lab tests.Physical disability.
- Extra-articular manifestations: There is evidence that Extra-articular manifestations may develop prior to the start of arthritis. It is also stated that patients who are most likely set to develop extra-articular manifestations have a history of smoking, have early onset of physical disability, and a lab test Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life for serum RA factor. The symptoms of extra-articular manifestations of Rheumatoid arthritis are :
- Skin- Subcutaneous nodules, pyoderma gangrenosum, purpura
- Heart- Mitral regurgitation, Pericarditis, Myocarditis, Ischaemic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, Secondary Sjogren’s syndrome, Arrhythmia
- Lungs- Pulmonary nodules, Pleural effusion, Interstitial lung disease, Pulmonary vasculitis
- Blood (Haematologic)- Anaemia, Neutropenia, Splenomegaly, Felty’s syndrome, lymphoma, Leukaemia
- Endocrine- Hypoandrogenism
- Gastrointestinal-Vasculitis of the intestinal tract
- Renal or Kidney- Membranous nephropathy, secondary Amyloidosis
- Neurologic- Cervical myelopathy
- Eyes or Ocular- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca, Episcleritis, Scleritis
- Mouth or Oral- Xerostomia, Periodontitis
How smoking affects Rheumatoid arthritis?
Smoking poses a risk factor for the development of Rheumatoid arthritis with Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life RA of 1.5 to 3.5. Particularly in women who smoke, there is a 2.5 times greater risk of Rheumatoid arthritis. And interestingly, the risk for developing RA persists even 15 years after cessation of cigarette smoking.
Is RA Factor the same as the Rh factor?
No, they are not the same. RA factor, Rheumatoid factor, is the autoantibody that was first found in Rheumatoid arthritis, so the name RA. It is also found in other diseases such as SLE, Sjogren syndrome, Hepatitis B, Leprosy, Sarcoidosis, Systemic sclerosis, and many other diseases. Whereas, Rh factor is the Rhesus factor which was first discovered in Rhesus monkeys, hence the name Rhesus. Rh factor is an antigen present on the red blood cells of many humans. The blood group is Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life if the Rh factor is found and negative if it is not found. Rh factor is found in about 85% of the humans.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a progressive chronic disease. Therefore in its chronicity, it causes joint damage and disability. The complications of Rheumatoid arthritis can be flexor tendon tenosynovitis which causes a decreased range of motion, reduction in grip strength, and notable “trigger” fingers.
Ulnar bone deviation due to subluxation of the metacarpophalangeal joints.
- “swan-neck deformity” – This is due to hyperextension of the Proximal interphalangeal joint with flexion of the distal interphalangeal joint.
- “Boutonniere deformity” –which is due to flexion of the proximal interphalangeal joint with hyperextension of the distal interphalangeal joint.
- “Z-line deformity” – This happens when there is subluxation of the first metacarpophalangeal joint with hyperextension of the first interphalangeal joint.
- Piano-key movement of the ulnar styloid bone.
- “Flat feet” may develop due to chronic inflammation of the ankle and midtarsal regions.
If Ignored Where the disease may lead the patient to?
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic and progressive disease and therefore treatment is a must for it otherwise it leads to many changes in the body. The changes in the joints can be to the extent of joint damage with the development of various kinds of deformities. There will be a physical disability because of the weakness in the joints. On the other hand, extra-articular manifestations may get severe such as vasculitis, anemia, eye changes, heart problems such as carditis, arrhythmias, kidney and lung affections, etc.
How Homeopathy helps in Rheumatoid arthritis
Homeopathic medicines work on the principle of symptom similarity and not based on disease names per se. Homeopathy intends to cure the ‘Man in sickness’ than ‘Sickness in man’. Therefore, a Homeopath takes entire case taking of the patient which includes disease complaints, the physical appearance of the patient, characteristics of the mind, and then the general behavior. There are specific homeopathic medicines for RA which have their sphere of action on joints and other systems involved. Homeopathy reverses the progress of disease and helps restore health.
Dr. Kiran's Homeo Life Homeopathy’s SPECIALITY in treating Rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis patients on finding treatment tend to look for solutions in other medical systems. Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life Homeopathy since the beginning has had the will and enthusiasm to treat autoimmune diseases which include RA. And now, we have gained experience and expertise in managing and treating RA cases with full confidence and accountability. The best of homeopathic medicines for Rheumatoid arthritis is made available for the patients to provide safe and good treatment at Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life Homeopathy.
Is rheumatoid arthritis a disease of old people?
No. RA is seen in the age group of 25 to 55 years. It is though most commonly seen in young and middle-aged adults the incidence is seen in elderly people also.
How is RA diagnosed?
Rheumatoid arthritis affects differently in different people. But there are certain characteristic symptoms suggestive of RA to the physician which are: Symmetrical involvement of one to multiple joints, pain and stiffness of joints persisting for 6 weeks or more, lab test becoming Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life for RA factor or ACPA or both, abnormal C-reactive protein and/or ESR.
Can I get pregnant if I have RA?
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune systemic disease but it is not seen as affecting the ability to get pregnant. It also should not be a cause of concern for having a healthy baby. But it should be noted that the medicines used for RA may have to be regulated as per the physician’s advice as some drugs could cause birth defects.
Is there a cure for Rheumatoid arthritis?
The cure for RA depends on the progress of the disease. Though there is no cure as yet found for RA in conventional medicines, homeopathic medicines help regulate, manage, and treat RA in most of the cases. It is very essential that the patient who has pains consult a physician and get treated in the initial stages of the disease. It is very imperative that early diagnosis and quick start of treatment in order to stop the progress of RA and thereby also reverse the process. Homeopathy helps regulate the immune system thereby a large percentage of RA cases can be cured.
What is the role of stress play in RA?
The cause for Rheumatoid arthritis is not known and what is known behind RA is the interplay between autoimmunity, genetic, and environmental factors. A person’s stress and lifestyle are found to be affecting the autoimmune disorders with the involvement of environmental factors. Therefore it is true that stress plays an important factor when RA actually began. Stress and lifestyle strain is also responsible for the progress of Rheumatoid arthritis.
Does Rheumatoid arthritis also involve internal organs or other parts of the body?
Yes. Since RA is a systemic disease, it affects internal organs. In fact, the effect of RA on other systems begins before the symptoms of pain in joints is felt. Important systems that get affected by RA are lungs, heart, skin, eyes, and blood.
What is the test done for RA?
Typical characteristic symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis are easy to diagnose it such as symmetrical involvement of multiple joints lasting from more than 6 weeks. RA diagnosis is also supported by lab tests which are Rheumatoid factor (RA factor), anti-CCP, ESR, and C-Reactive protein. A negative RA factor or anti-CCP does not exclude Rheumatoid arthritis. The physician judges based on lab tests and symptoms presented.
Locate Dr. Kiran’s Homeo Life Clinics / Doctors for PREMATURE EJACULATION Treatment.
Click here to Book an Appointment today
Ask the Experts
- Mon-Sun 08:00 AM- 09:00 PM